Thursday 21 April 2016

BA1b: Introduction to Digital 3D


Experimentation in Maya



Snow Man
This is something I made quite early on in the induction process, I am not particularly skilled at using this software and wanted to practice making easier objects to start off with. 


This model is incredibly simple, using very basic shapes and colour. I used both lambert and blinn textures to get the effect I wanted.

Beach Hut


This one was slightly more difficult, but again, a very easy process using simple shapes and textures to get the effect.

Tv and Table Experiment





360 Turntable.



For this model I experimented with the edges of my model and focusing on the detailed of the object such us the screen being slightly indented with the tv and the stand it sits on.


Final Model

For my final Model I wanted to do something quite bright.

I started by making a cushion so I could experiment with smoothing.

I then added this texture which I found online:


and applied it to the pillow.


After that...
I started working on a chair, I wanted it to be bright and have a level of interest to it in its curves etc.

I then layered the objects and put the pillow onto the chair.



Model Sheet




FINAL 360 TURNTABLE






Animating in Maya.

For my animation, I want to show a character skipping/happily walking into shot, noticing the box, peeking in, looking at the camera shrugging shoulders like "why not?" and then look in the box and being terrified of whatever if inside and falling backwards.


Parts of this are quite ambitious but I feel that I may be able to just about pull it off with the practice I have had.


Reference Video:
This is me being stupid but it did the trick as it helped my know where to put the feet and position the hands.




Reference fall FAIL:





...ouch...


Reference fall:





Darker Upload:






Insert Light:









No comments:

Post a Comment